LightMachinery has created a set of free cloud based optical design tools that range from simple calculators to sophisticated design software. Enjoy!
Optical Design Tools
- Etalon Designer -One of our most popular and useful design tools, provides a close approximation to the performance you can expect from our Fabry Perot Etalon
- Lens Design Cloud
- Thin Film Cloud -This thin film coating design software is becoming very powerful with very fast optimization. Keep checking back for further enhancements
More Optical Design Tools
- Dual Etalon Designer -For when etalons don't quite cut it
- Etalon Tuning -How fast will my etalon peaks move with temperature? Also a useful chart view of material parameters.
- Fizeau Wedge Designer -A simple wedge interferometer, adjust the parameters and observe the expected output
- Frequency Conversion -Conversion for the various units of wavelength, frequency and energy
- Fresnel Rhombs -An unusual polarization component, the Fresnel Rhomb can act like a waveplate but works without birefingent materials.
- Gaussian Beam Propagation -Gaussian beam propagation through lens systems, this is a very useful and versatile tool for designing laser beam delivery systems
- Grating Spectrometers -LightMachinery does not manufacture grating based spectrometers but we thought this would be interesting to add so that performance can be compared to VIPA and etalon based spectrometers.
- Laser Beam Shaper -Design an aspheric surface to modify a gaussian beam into a top hat beam
- Laser Resonators -Adjust resonator parameters to determine mode size and stability
- Index & Reflection -A summary of material properties, index and Fresnel reflection at various angles
- Optics Unit Conversion
- Percent vs dB -Convert Percentage to dB (power or amplitude)
- Prism Designer
- Simple Lens Designer -A think lens simulation gives a very nice approximation to actual lens performance at low angles
- VIPA Designer -VIPA etalons are becoming the new standard for hyperfine spectral analysis. This design tool allows users to investigate the properties of VIPA's (read the user's guide as well)
-We have collected information from our own staff of experts and also bookmarked information on the web that is reliable and we can use on a daily basis.
Optical Design Center - User's Guides
-These are more than just instructions on our calculators, we have attempted to make useful guides to the design of these optical elements
- Optical Design Center - User's Guides -These are more than just instructions on our calculators, we have attempted to make useful guides to the design of these optical elements